- August 1
- Third Editatona "Featured Mexican Women" from Wikimedia Mexico Gender Gap Project Reduction on Wikipedia project. Telmex Hub, Mexico City, Mexico.
- August 6
- Record session for "Learn Wikipedia" tv shows produced by TV UNAM, training materials for the monitors of the WikiUNAM editathon.
- Second Workshop to 20 DGTIC-UNAM monitors of the WikiUNAM editathon.
- August 10
- Transmission of Möebius radio show: From Biblioteca Beinecke to Gíglico.
- Following meeting about GLAM with Digital Culture Center, Mexico City, Mexico.
- August 11
- Meeting with Memrise representatives
- #HeforShe workshop for Ibero 90.9 FM collaborators, Möebius, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Mexico.
- August 17
- August 20
- Workshop to 20 DGTIC-UNAM monitors of the WikiUNAM editathon.
- Iván Martínez talk at Youth Week of Mexico City Youth Institute with a talk about free software. Mexico City Museum, Mexico City.
- August 22
- Wiki Loves Monuments planning meeting with volunteers
- August 23
- Wikipedia workshop at Capilla del Arte, Puebla City, Puebla.
- August 24
- Transmission of Möebius radio show: De la Fontana de Trevi a Gorillaz.
- August 27
- Meeting about GLAM projects with Instituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia (National Institute of Anthropology and History, INAH)
- Meeting with Nacho Pineda from Multiforo Cultural Alicia for "Editatón en el Alicia: rock y contracultura" editathon planning.
- August 29
- Eighth Puebla Editathon "Human Rights and Memory", Universidad Iberoamericana Puebla, Puebla City, Mexico. Organized by Wikipedistas de Puebla community and LadoB.com:
- Wikipedia Monthly Workshop at TelmexHub, Mexico City.
- August 31
- Transmission of Möebius radio show: Francis Ford Coppola – Metric.
- Beggining of the First Free Culture and Art Seminary by Wikimedia Mexico at Centro de Cultura Digital, Mexico City
- First Free Culture and Art Seminary
From August 31 to September 3th, Wikimedia Mexico realized their First Free Culture and Art Seminary. During four days the attendants, primary public servants from the Secretariat of Culture, received a huge introduction to the GLAM world at the Wikimedia movement and the basic concepts about Wikipedia, Wikimedia, Creative Commons and Free Culture. All the seminary have a total duration of 8 hours and was imparted by Iván Martínez (Wikipedia and GLAM best practices) Carmen Alcázar (Creative Commons licenses) Pepe Flores (free culture) and the last session was about Mexican GLAM cases to take inspiration. Laura González from Museo Soumaya and Agustín Peña from Ibero 90.9 shared their cases and successful experiences with Wikimedia Mexico and GLAM projects. The seminary was held at Centro de Cultura Digital (Digital Culture Center) which belongs to Secretariat of Culture, a venue with long-time relation with the chapter.