- 1 Wikimania 2015
- 2 Elaboración de reportes
- 3 Inaugurando el Café
- 4 Noticias destacadas de Wikimedia, marzo de 2014
- 5 usuarios autoconfirmados
- 6 Hola voluntarios!
- 7 tercer aniversario
- 8 Acción administrativa
- 9 2015
- 10 Permisos administrativos
- 11 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
- 12 Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements
- 13 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections 2015
- 14 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections 2015
- 15 Introducing the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list
- 16 Your input requested on the proposed #FreeBassel banner campaign
- 17 2015 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
- 18 Get involved in Wikipedia 15!
- 19 The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started
- 20 Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project
- 21 Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project
El comité ejecutivo deanunció que la sede para la conferencia del 2015 será El proceso para seleccionar la ciudad de la undécima conferencia internacional de Wikimedia, Wikimanía 2015, llegó a su fin. Este lunes 21 de abril se realizó el anuncio en la lista de correo wikimania-l por parte de , coordinadora de la conferencia, declarando a la como la mejor opción de este año.
Nota completa en wikinoticias
- Felicitaciones a la mesa directiva por el gran trabajo, internacionalmente se reconoce en la confianza para este evento. PetrohsW (discusión) 20:31 24 abr 2014 (UTC)
Elaboración de reportes[editar]
Se esta realizando la Propuesta:Elaboración de reportes a fin de estandarizar el detalle de actividades realizadas por el Capítulo México
- También hay una Plantilla preliminar que se puede usar para los reportes. --Andycyca | Hola! 03:32 25 abr 2014 (UTC)
Inaugurando el Café[editar]
Noticias destacadas de Wikimedia, marzo de 2014[editar]
¿Existe algún lado donde configurar las características de usuarios autoconfirmed? Fue alterada la pagina principal por un usuario nuevo, pero estaba protegida para editar solo por autoconfirmados. petrohs (gracias) 21:49 12 may 2014 (UTC)
- petrohs: Aunque sea meses tarde, te informo por si el asunto quedó pendiente.
- Debéis solicitar un Bug en phabricator (antes bugzilla) indicando el número mínimo de ediciones y los días de antigüedad de la cuenta para acceder al autoconfirmado. Ellos procederán a cambiarlo. Un saludo. Alan (discusión) 21:43 22 dic 2014 (UTC)
- Por aquí no los he visto; creo que se les ha visto por tw o fb. petrohs (gracias) 20:37 19 jun 2014 (UTC)
Yo creo que sí. Al menos yo sí andaba por allá, hasta que un correo me regresó :) Israel Rosas
He procedido a ocultar una edición vandálica/ofensiva de MariaTudor1DeInglaterra en la página de otro usuario. La acción la he realizado como administrador global al no existir ningún administrador local activo. El usuario ha sido bloqueado de forma global.
Se que se trata de un wiki de capítulo, espero que no ofenda mi acción e intromisión. Para cualquier comentario que estiméis oportuno me tenéis a vuestra disposición en m:User talk:Alan.
Pongo a la consideración de ustedes (ahora que estamos en época de elecciones) mi candidatura como administrador. En ocasiones es necesario efectuar borrado de spam u otras acciones menores. petrohs (gracias) 01:35 30 ene 2015 (UTC)
- Te he concedido los permisos. No creo que aquí apliquen las burocráticas elecciones de Wikipedia, y además eres un usuario de confianza. Saludos. —Fitoschido (discusión) 06:23 12 feb 2015 (UTC)
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org
Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.
The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.
Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
Voting has begun for eligible voters in the 2015 elections for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson. Questions and discussion with the candidates for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson will continue during the voting. Nominations for the Board of Trustees will be accepted until 23:59 UTC May 5.
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions on the committee being filled.
The FDC Ombudsperson receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled.
The voting phase lasts from 00:00 UTC May 3 to 23:59 UTC May 10. Click here to vote. Questions and discussion with the candidates will continue during that time. Click here to ask the FDC candidates a question. Click here to ask the FDC Ombudsperson candidates a question. More information on the candidates and the elections can be found on the 2015 FDC election page, the 2015 FDC Ombudsperson election page, and the 2015 Board election page on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.
The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is pleased to introduce the launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a place for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement, plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other communications from affiliates.
Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request additional spots if needed.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
This is to inform all Wikimedia contributors that a straw poll seeking your involvement has just been started on Meta-Wiki.
As some of your might be aware, a small group of Wikimedia volunteers have proposed a banner campaign informing Wikipedia readers about the urgent situation of our fellow Wikipedian, open source software developer and Creative Commons activist, Bassel Khartabil. An exemplary banner and an explanatory page have now been prepared, and translated into about half a dozen languages by volunteer translators.
We are seeking your involvement to decide if the global Wikimedia community approves starting a banner campaign asking Wikipedia readers to call on the Syrian government to release Bassel from prison. We understand that a campaign like this would be unprecedented in Wikipedia's history, which is why we're seeking the widest possible consensus among the community.
Given Bassel's urgent situation and the resulting tight schedule, we ask everyone to get involved with the poll and the discussion to the widest possible extent, and to promote it among your communities as soon as possible.
(Apologies for writing in English; please kindly translate this message into your own language.)
Thank you for your participation!
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee consists of twelve members, six of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members. The key skills and experience that we look for in candidates are:
- Excitement by the challenge of helping to empower groups of volunteers worldwide.
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliations, and similar questions.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly ~2 hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the WMF.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organising are a plus.
- Effective communication skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of the workload and are motivated by helping other volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2015 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta (at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/2015), and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, WMF staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2016, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send an application to email@example.com by 31 December 2015. You will get a confirmation that your application was received.
Your application should include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact information (including e-mail address and username)
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
Your statement will be published for community review and feedback, so please do not include any information that you are not comfortable sharing.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
As many of you know, January 15 is Wikipedia’s 15th Birthday!
People around the world are getting involved in the celebration and have started adding their events on Meta Page. While we are celebrating Wikipedia's birthday, we hope that all projects and affiliates will be able to utilize this celebration to raise awareness of our community's efforts.
Haven’t started planning? Don’t worry, there’s lots of ways to get involved. Here are some ideas:
- Join/host an event. We already have more than 80, and hope to have many more.
- Talk to local press. In the past 15 years, Wikipedia has accomplished extraordinary things. We’ve made a handy summary of milestones and encourage you to add your own. More resources, including a press release template and resources on working with the media, are also available.
- Design a Wikipedia 15 logo. In place of a single icon for Wikipedia 15, we’re making dozens. Add your own with something fun and representative of your community. Just use the visual guide so they share a common sensibility.
- Share a message on social media. Tell the world what Wikipedia means to you, and add #wikipedia15 to the post. We might re-tweet or share your message!
Everything is linked on the Wikipedia 15 Meta page. You’ll find a set of ten data visualization works that you can show at your events, and a list of all the Wikipedia 15 logos that community members have already designed.
Thanks and Happy nearly Wikipedia 15!
-The Wikimedia Foundation Communications team
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[editar]
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:13 30 sep 2019 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[editar]
06:53 16 oct 2019 (UTC)
Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[editar]
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!