- February 1
- Transmission of episode 14/02 of Moebius 90.9 at 90.9 FM and ibero909fm.
- February 5
- February 7
- Introduction to Wikipedia and the values of free knowledge for Ernesto Priani's students at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature (Wikipedia Education Program)
- Reviewing advances and new students who will comply with the social service program at the same school with professor Pablo Miranda Quevedo (FFyL-UNAM Students Wikiclub).
- February 8
- Transmision of episode 14/03 of Moebius 90.9 at 90.9 FM and ibero909fm
- February 10
- Talks by Carmen Alcázar and Gustavo Sandoval Kingwergs (vocal and vice president at WMMX, respectively) about copyright/copyleft (CA) and wikitranslations (GSK). Department of Electric Engineering, the Department of Undergraduate Courses on Computer Sciences and the Computer Science Student Chapter at the Autonomous Metropolitan University-Iztapalapa (CEUAMI).
- February 12
- Assisting Pablo Miranda to load the files created during the Social Service Program/Wikipedia Club at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature. Article: Eugenia Meyer, written by Rodrigo Calleja.
- February 14
- Wikipedia workshop by professors Francisco Barrón, Iván Salgado García, Adriana Sánchez and Óscar Santana, from Wikipedia Education Program, at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature.
- February 15
- Semiannual report of activities accomplished by University of Ecatepec's Club WikiUNE. This student group has been editing Wikipedia and Wikisource during several months regarding Mexican laws and legal issues. San Cristóbal Ecatepec school's authorities attended the event, which took place at the auditorium: professor Jorge Luis Esquivel Zubiri, who is the project's coordinator and an ambassador of Wikipedia at the university, and Guadalupe García García, the club's coordinator. Club WikiUNE has already sent its formal application to obtain its recognition as a student organization before Wikimedia México.
- February 18
- Mounting WikiLovesMonuments México 2013's winning photographs at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature.
- February 20
- Meeting with Campus Party in order to plan Campus Party 2014 edition and the participation of Wikimedia México.
- Inauguration of the exhibit of WikiLovesMonuments México 2013's winning photographs at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature
- February 21
- February 22
- New emission of episode 14/03 of Moebius 90.9 at 90.9 FM and ibero909fm
- Monthly Wikipedia workshop: in order to reinforce the participation in the Wikimedia Foundation's best known project, we decided to start offering a monthly Wikipedia workshop, an activity which seeks to establish a periodic meeting for those people who wish to start participating in the project, improve the edition abilities of the current members of the chapter and generate more members in the community.
- February 24
- Annual planning meeting with Eva Gómez, from Centro Cultural de España en México.
- February 25
- Workshop for professor Adriana Sánchez Álvarez's students, as part of the Wikipedia Education Program at UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature.
- February 28
- During the month of February
- Supporting the translation into Spanish of the Wikimedia Foundation's social networks.
- Planning the implementation of MediaWiki with UNAM's School of Philosophy and Literature's translation module.
WikiUNE students club
Leaded by a teacher who received some talks from Wikimedia Mexico, a group of students of the University of Ecatepec started some activities related to the Mexican law in the Wikimedia projects. They uploaded the text about some Mexican laws and acts into Spanish Wikisource, they made up a course of Law of obligations in Wikiuniversity and wrote down some articles in Wikipedia about legal topics. They worked during the whole last semester and in February 2014 they invited WMMX board members and school authorities to attend a presentation about the club's achievements. This group is now known as "WikiUNE Club" and is asking for being recognized as an official club affiliated to Wikimedia México. Professor and lawyer Jorge Luis Esquivel Zubiri is now interested in creating a new club at another university where he is also a teacher.
Wiki Loves Monuments México 2013 exhibition
As we did last year, we organized the exhibition of the ten winner photographs of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Mexico. The images were printed out in big format and the exhibition room was donated by our partners of the Faculty of Philosophy and Literature of the National Autonomous University of Mexico. The faculty's principal attended the event, as well as some of the winners of the contest and some WMMX board members and volunteers. The exhibition was there till March 15th, and in the next months it will start a tour inside Mexico City and around other cities of this country.
Wikipedia Education Program in Mexico
Since last year we launched a pilot education program with some universities of Mexico where we are teaching how to use Wikipedia in the classroom, how to edit it and evaluation techniques. So far, we have implemented this program in:
- Facultad de Estudios Superiores Aragón de la UNAM;
- Facultad de Filosofía y Letras de la UNAM;
- Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, campus Iztapalapa;
- Universidad de las Américas Puebla.
Now, we are on talks with Wikimedia Argentina to exchange experiences in this field and create a sort of syllabus to standardize the contents and teachings of this program. Besides we are introducing the use of the education program extension to measure the successful of these efforts.
Monthly Wikipedia workshop
This year we started a new project which consists in a monthly Wikipedia workshop. The point is to have a regular activity in fixed dates and places to announce it as a permanent activity and allow people to attend, learn how to edit Wikipedia and know some Mexican Wikipedians. This workshop will be offered independently from the number of new people attending, considering it will be used also as a permanent meeting of volunteers for teaching each other their own experiences in Wikimedia projects.